Enjoy this decadent treat today!
Carla Hall's Chocolate Almond Cigars
- For the Filling:
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 cup Almonds (toasted and ground to a sandy texture)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (shaken well before opening)
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar (ground finely to a super fine consistency)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 box Phyllo Dough (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Turbinado Sugar (ground finely to a super fine consistency)
- Vegan Canola Oil Spray
- For the Filling: Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder, unsweetened coconut, ground almonds, salt, coconut milk, and turbinado sugar, and mix well to combine.
- For Assembly: Roll out the phyllo dough, and cut into 4-inch squares. Spray the squares lightly with vegan canola oil spray, and sprinkle each square with a teaspoon of the finely ground turbinado sugar. Scoop a tablespoon of the cocoa-coconut mixture into the bottom right corner of each of the squares, and roll up towards the opposite corner, folding in the corners like a burrito. Arrange on a parchment lined sheetpan, and bake for 5-10 minutes, til golden. Allow to cool before serving.
Similar categories: Desserts