Daphne Oz's Chocolate Banana Donuts
- For the Coating:
- 1/2 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
For the Donuts:
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt (preferably low fat)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 over ripe Bananas (or about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons Coconut oil (melted)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate (shaved)
- For the Coating: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini donut pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl whisk together the coating ingredients. Dusk the coating over the donut pan and tap excess back into the bowl. Reserve for later.
- For the Donuts: In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth. Using an electric mixer or spatula, beat together the bananas, granulated sugar, yogurt and coconut oil until thoroughly combined. Add one egg at a time and mix until incorporated then stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture just until a few streaks of flour remain. Add the chocolate and continue to fold until incorporate. Transfer the batter to a pastry bag or large zip top bag. Fill the prepared donut molds about 3/4 full. Sprinkle the tops of each donut with the reserve cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and start to pull away from the edges of the mold. Transfer the donuts to a wire rack to cool before enjoying.
Similar categories: Desserts