Summer heat can be unbearable. Cool off with these treats.
Chocolate Ice Cream Pops
- 1 gallon box (Vanilla Ice Cream)
- 12 ounce Chocolate Chips
- popsicle sticks
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut (toasted)
- 1/4 cup Sprinkles
- Stick 6-8 popsicle sticks into ice cream in box (two rows evenly places works best).
- Using kitchen scissors cut the box away from the ice cream, leaving you with a rectangle of ice cream.
- Cut each bar from the rectangle, you will end up with 6-8 bars.
- Arrange the toppings in shallow dishes or plates. Roll each bar in peanuts and/coconut depending on taste.
- Place bars on a parchment lined sheet tray and put n the freezer until bars are firm, about 15-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler, and allow to cool slightly, it should be melted but relatively cool.
- Dip the pops into the chocolate, and then roll the pops in sprinkles or other toppings, if desired, before placing back onto the parchment lined sheet tray and back into the freezer.
- Once the pops have set, they are ready to serve.