Chocolate Chip Hummus
- 16 canned garbanzo beans (drainedandrinsed)
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (coarsely chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Graham crackers and sliced apples (to serve)
- In a food processor, add garbanzo beans and peanut butter and blend well.
- Add the oatmeal, salt, sugar, vanilla and milk (or cream). Blend well. If it looks too thin add more oatmeal, if it looks too thick add some of the cream or milk.
- Transfer dip to bowl and stir in the chopped, dark chocolate chips. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve with graham crackers, apples, or any dipper of your choice!