Sweet, salty and absolutely delicious!
Michael Symon's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt
- 1 Stick unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Flaked Sea Salt (or more as needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar and dark brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until incorporate.
- Gradually add the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Make sure not to over mix or cookies will be tough. On the last addition of the flour mixture add the chocolate chips and fold to incorporate.
- Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of batter and drop onto baking sheet. For a more uniform cookie measure each scoop and roll into a ball before placing on baking sheet. Place dough 2 inches apart. Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt onto each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the center of the cookies are just set. For a crispy cookie bake for 2 more minutes.
- Let cool slightly on sheet pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.