Flaky pie crust is filled with decadent chocolate and drizzled in a refreshing strawberry port sauce.
- step-by-step directions
- For the Cobbler:
- Butter for greasing
- 12 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 large Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg plus 1 tablespoon of Water (whisked)
- 8 Chocolate Truffles
- 1 pint Vanilla Ice Cream for serving
- 1 Carla Hall's Perfect Pie Crust
- For the Strawberry Port Sauce:
- 1 cup Port Brandy
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 8 Strawberries (hulled and cut in half lengthwise)
- For the Cobbler: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 6 count muffin tin with butter. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in slightly cooled, melted chocolate. Add in vanilla, stir flour and salt, mix until just combined. Cool mixture in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll the pie dough to 1/8-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 4" squares of pie dough. Line regular size muffin tin with dough squares. Divide the chilled chocolate mixture between the dough-lined muffin tins. Push a truffle in the center of each cobbler. Pinch dough square tops together and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Carefully remove from the muffin tin. Plate with a drizzle of sauce and a scoop of ice cream.
- For the Strawberry Port Sauce: In a sauce pan, combine the sugar and port. Bring to a bowl and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until port has reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the strawberries and continue to cook over a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes, swirling the pan often, until the strawberries are soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a strainer over a bowl. Press the mixture through mashing up the strawberries. Allow to cool before serving.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Courses & Meals Desserts Crisps, Crumbles, Cobblers, & More
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami
Grilled Swordfish With Mojo
Stephen Smith's Meaty Cheesy Lasagna
Fried Chicken Sandwich with Brussels Sprouts Slaw