Chocolate Lava Cake
You've probably tried this at a restaurant before and thought, "I could never make that." Now you can with Carla's simple recipe.
- step-by-step directions
Chocolate Lava Cake
- 12 ounce Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1 cup Butter
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 8 Chocolate truffles (desired flavor)
- 1/4 Peanut Butter (optional for chocolate peanut butter truffle)
- Butter (for ramekins)
- Flour (for ramekins)
- Cocoa powder (for ramekins)
- Powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Let chocolate mixture cool. (Alternatively, chocolate and butter may be melted in the microwave. Be careful not to overheat and burn it.)
- In a mixer, with the balloon whip attachment, whisk eggs and sugar until thickened and lemon-colored and then add in vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt together and fold into the egg mixture.
- Blend in half the chocolate mixture on low speed. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Stir peanut butter into remaining chocolate mixture. Transfer to a bowl and place in fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare ramekins by greasing with butter and dusting of flour mixed with some cocoa powder.
- Scoop batter into prepared ramekins and push truffle or a tablespoon of the peanut chocolate mixture into center of batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are cooked and the middle is just set. Garnish with sprinkle of powdered sugar. Variation: For Espresso flavor, add 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder to chocolate-butter mixture as it melts.
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie
Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
Rich Chocolate Bundt Cake with Toasted Almonds
PB&J Cereal French Toast
Everything Bagel Cracker and Spinach Dip
Noodles with Cabbage and Onions
Make-Ahead Beef Bourguignon
Breakfast Carbonara Casserole
Sweet Potato Pierogies
Sugar Cookie Christmas Trees