No meal is complete without a little something sweet. Try whipping up this chocolate mousse for your family tonight!
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut milk
- cinnamon cocoa wafers (to garnish)
- toasted coconut (to garnish)
- bittersweet chocolate (to garnish)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 sheets phyllo dough
- olive oil spray
- Heat the coconut milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate has melted completely and is fully combined with the coconut milk.
- While the chocolate is melting, fill a large mixing bowl a third of the way with ice and add a little water to create an ice bath. Place the bowl with the melted chocolate mixture inside the ice bath.
- Begin to whisk the chocolate mixture. Continue to vigorously whisk and incorporate air into the mixture until the chocolate has thickened and formed a mousse-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Serve mousse in bowls, topped with a cinnamon-cocoa wafers, toasted coconut and shaved bittersweet chocolate.
- For the Cinnamon-Cocoa Wafers: preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder in a small bowl.
- Spray a sheet of phyllo dough with olive oil spray and sprinkle some cinnamon-cocoa sugar evenly on top.
- Place another sheet of phyllo dough directly on top and spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with more cinnamon-cocoa sugar.
- Repeat the process with the last sheet of phyllo, ending with the cinnamon-cocoa sugar.
- Cut the stacked phyllo into 2 inch squares. Cut each square in half diagonally and place the triangles on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place another piece of parchment paper on top, followed by another baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container or ziptop bag.
-Substitute coconut milk with water.
-For a fully vegan desert, use bittersweet, vegan chocolate chips.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Mousses, Puddings, & Pies Courses & Meals Desserts Custards, Puddings, & Mousses Holidays & Occasions Easter Valentine's Day Christmas Mother's Day