A divine dessert!
Frozen Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana Bars with Toasted Coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (divided)
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted peanuts (chopped)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream (divided)
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a standard loaf pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper. Allow the ends of the parchment paper to hang over the sides of the pan.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toast coconut until lightly golden and fragrant, about 1-minute. Set aside. When cool, combine 2 tablespoons toasted coconut with peanuts and sprinkle over the bottom of the prepared loaf pan, forming an even layer.
- Fill a medium saucepan with about 2 inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Place the chocolate in a large heat-proof mixing bowl that will rest securely in the rim of the saucepan over the water. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the simmering water. Stir chocolate occasionally until completely melted and shiny. Remove bowl of chocolate from the water and set aside. When chocolate has cooled slightly, fold in the peanut butter, stirring until smooth and fully combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip 2/3-cup heavy cream until it holds stiff, glossy peaks. Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate-peanut butter mixture until lightened, and then fold in the remaining whipped cream until completely combined. Pour half of the mixture into the prepared loaf pan; smoothing the top with an offset spatula to ensure a smooth, even layer is created; set aside remaining chocolate mixture.
- In a blender, puree the bananas, Greek yogurt, coconut milk and honey. Pour the pureed mixture into a medium mixing bowl and fold in remaining toasted coconut. In a separate mixing bowl, whip the remaining 1/3 cup heavy cream until it holds stiff, glossy peaks, then fold into the banana-coconut mixture. Pour mixture on top of the chocolate layer, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Freeze until just beginning to harden, about 1 hour.
- When banana-coconut layer is ready, pour the remaining half of the chocolate-peanut butter mixture into the loaf pan. Run your offset spatula flush across the edges of the loaf pan to create a flat bottom for the bar. Wrap the loaf pan tightly with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the freezer, run a paring knife along the inside edges, and place a cutting board on top of the bar. Invert the board onto the countertop so the loaf pan is upside down on top of the board. Lift the pan, remove the parchment paper, slice and serve immediately.