The classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter comes together in a better-for-you pick.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large Egg
- 1 large Egg White
- 4 1/2 ounces All-Purpose Flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add peanut butter, beating well. Beat in egg and egg white.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, beating until blended (batter will be thick). Spread batter evenly in a 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F for 26 to 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over slightly simmering water; melt chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Spread chocolate evenly over top. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Chocolate Candies Courses & Meals Desserts Candies Holidays & Occasions Halloween