Layered with chocolate mousse, peanut butter brittle, and airy whipped cream, this decadent dessert is a favorite of Clinton's husband, Damon Bayles.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bourbon Parfaits
- For the Mousse:
- 3 Eggs (separated)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 ounces Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/2 teaspoons real Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon Whiskey
For the Brittle:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon
- For the Mousse: Melt the butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth. Whisk in egg yolks and refrigerate.
- Whisk the egg whites with half of the sugar to stiff peak stage, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream with the remaining sugar and vanilla until soft peak stage, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cooled chocolate mixture, then fold the whipped cream. Stir in the bourbon.
- Spoon into 6 parfait glasses and chill.
- For the Brittle: Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Without stirring, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Let boil until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. When the mixture reaches 300 degrees F, remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into a thin layer onto a silicone baking mat or oiled sheet pan. Let cool, then break into small pieces.
- For the Whipped Cream: Combine the cream and sugar in a cold mixing bowl. Whip until stiff peaks. Add bourbon.
- To assemble, top the mousse with pieces of peanut butter brittle and a dollop of whipped cream.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chocolate Mousses, Puddings, & Pies Courses & Meals Desserts Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day