Chocolate Brownie Pie
Clinton Kelly's Chocolate Pecan Caramel Brownie Cream Pie
- For the Crust:
- 16 Whole Graham Crackers
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons melted Butter
For the Filling:
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 large Egg Yolks
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 5 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (melted)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon strong Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 cups Chocolate Brownies (cut into bite-sized pieces; 1/2-inch cubes)
- Whipped Cream
- extra chopped Pecans
- Caramel Sauce
- For the Crust: In a food processor, combine first four ingredients and pulse until finely ground. With processor on, drizzle in melted butter until well combined. Press into a pie dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Cool.
- For the Filling: Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt, and yolks in a large saucepan until combined well, then add milk in a stream, whisking. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, whisking, then reduce heat and simmer, whisking, 1 minute.
- Pour filling through a strainer into a large bowl, then whisk in chocolate, butter, coffee and vanilla. Cover surface of filling with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Fold brownie pieces into chocolate cream filling and spoon into crust. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
- For Serving: Top with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel sauce and sprinkle on some chopped pecans.