These warm chocolate cookies are begging to be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 8 ounces cold Unsalted Butter (cut into tablespoon size pieces)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Walnuts (roughly chopped and toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. Melt 2 ounces butter in microwaveable dish. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream 6 ounces of cold butter and both sugars until butter is incorporated, being sure not to overmix.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix until incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, add in melted butter, then gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Place dough in zip top bag and roll 3/4 - 1 inch flat. Chill the dough until firm. Cut the dough into 1/2 inch strips, then 1 inch pieces. Stand the portioned pieces up, on their side, on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges. Cool slightly on rack. Serve warm.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Freezing the dough ensures the ingredients bind together well.
2. Laying out dough in cubes on a sheet pan ensures a cookie with a gooey center.
Double Decker Buffalo Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spring Orzo Salad
Swiss Chard and Feta Turnovers
Donut Puffs with Coffee Mousse
Mint Salsa Verde Glazed Smoked Ham
Mint Salsa Verde
Green Bloody Mary with Mint Salsa Verde
Chocolate Biscuit Cake
Pork Sparerib Tortelloni with BBQ Butter Sauce
Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings in Tomatoes
Lightened Up Squash Mac and Cheese
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad