These warm chocolate cookies are begging to be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 8 ounces cold Unsalted Butter (cut into tablespoon size pieces)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Walnuts (roughly chopped and toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. Melt 2 ounces butter in microwaveable dish. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream 6 ounces of cold butter and both sugars until butter is incorporated, being sure not to overmix.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix until incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, add in melted butter, then gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Place dough in zip top bag and roll 3/4 - 1 inch flat. Chill the dough until firm. Cut the dough into 1/2 inch strips, then 1 inch pieces. Stand the portioned pieces up, on their side, on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges. Cool slightly on rack. Serve warm.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Freezing the dough ensures the ingredients bind together well.
2. Laying out dough in cubes on a sheet pan ensures a cookie with a gooey center.
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Ginger Cinnamon Funnel Cakes
Strawberry Malted Milkshake
Cheddar Pretzel Chicken with Spicy Corn Relish
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel