Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Carla Hall's Chocolate-Walnut Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 8 ounces cold Unsalted Butter (cut into tablespoon size pieces)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Walnuts (roughly chopped and toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. Melt 2 ounces butter in microwaveable dish. Set aside.
- In standing mixer, cream 6 ounces of cold butter and both sugars until butter is incorporated. DO NOT OVERMIX!! Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix until incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, add in melted butter, then gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Place dough in zip top bag and roll 3/4" - 1" flat. Chill the dough until firm. Cut the dough into 1/2" strips, then 1" pieces. Stand the portioned pieces up, on their side, on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges. Cool slightly on rack. Serve warm.
Similar categories: Desserts