These warm chocolate cookies are begging to be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 8 ounces cold Unsalted Butter (cut into tablespoon size pieces)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Walnuts (roughly chopped and toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. Melt 2 ounces butter in microwaveable dish. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream 6 ounces of cold butter and both sugars until butter is incorporated, being sure not to overmix.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, and mix until incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, add in melted butter, then gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Place dough in zip top bag and roll 3/4 - 1 inch flat. Chill the dough until firm. Cut the dough into 1/2 inch strips, then 1 inch pieces. Stand the portioned pieces up, on their side, on a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges. Cool slightly on rack. Serve warm.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Freezing the dough ensures the ingredients bind together well.
2. Laying out dough in cubes on a sheet pan ensures a cookie with a gooey center.
Chicken Kabobs with Greek Village Salad
Grilled Grouper with Key Lime Mango Salsa
Leftover Meat 'n' Potato Ravioli
Spicy Roasted Head of Cauliflower
Grilled Shrimp with Bacon Jam
Tropical Grilled Shrimp Salad
Capri-Style Vegetable Salad
Grilled Calamari Chopped Salad with Chickpeas, Olives & Salami