This midwestern dish is a classic in the Symon household. Make it one in your home too.
Kielbasa with Cabbage and Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Kielbasa
- 1 Yellow Onion (Sliced)
- 1/2 Head Green Cabbage (Sliced)
- 1/2 pound New Potatoes (Halved)
- 12 ounce Beer (1-2 bottles)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Brown Mustard
- In a large Dutch-oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add kielbasa and sear until brown, 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and cabbage and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, kielbasa and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill pot 3/4 way up with beer and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard. Serve with crusty bread.
Similar categories: Dinner