Stand tall, saddle up and treat yourself to the prime meal of your life!
Classic Standing Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream
- For the Prime Rib:
- 1 Oven-ready Prime Rib Roast (6-7 pounds and 4-5 bones)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons Thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons Rosemary needles
- For the Horseradish Cream:
- 3-4 ounce Fresh horseradish root
- 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
- 1 Pinch Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dry English mustard
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Black pepper (1-2 grinds)
- For the Prime Rib: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Brush the meat with the olive oil.
- Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning paste uniformly over the meat. Put the meat, meat side down, in a roasting pan and roast for 20 minutes.
- Carefully turn the roast over to rest the beef on the bone –side, on a roasting rack, for the remainder of the cooking time. Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer inserted near the center of the roast reads 120°F for medium rare, 1 ½ to 2 hours. After you have reached the desired degree of doneness, remove the roast from the oven and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
- After the roast has rested for 20 minutes, carefully transfer it bone-side down to a large cutting board. Insert a sharp knife between the meat and the rib bones, separating the meat from the ribs in 1 large piece to slice the beef into boneless slices. Carve the boneless meat into ½-inch-thick slices or if desired, cut between the rib bones, and serve one enormous bone-on prime rib chop per diner.
- For the Horseradish Cream: Peel and finely grate the horseradish, soaking it with the vinegar to prevent blackening.
- Add the sugar and mustard and allow to macerate a few minutes.
- Add the crème fraiche, salt and pepper and serve. Will keep for 1 or 2 days, refrigerated.
Similar categories: Dinner