Michael's Cleveland BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 small red onion (peeled and quartered)
- 1 large clove garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 1 chipotle in adobo (plus 1 tablespoon of puree)
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the vinegar, red onion, garlic, chipotle pepper, bourbon, coriander and paprika. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes and strain into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the remaining chipotle in adobo puree, mustards, maple syrup, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Cover and chill until ready to use.