Michael Symon's Cleveland Bratwurst
- 1 pound fresh Bratwurst Links
- 1 Onion (small dice)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Caraway Seeds
- 4 cups Sauerkraut (drained)
- 6 ounces Beer
- 6 Pretzel Rolls (split)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Your Favorite Mustard (to serve)
- Preheat your grill to medium. When it is up to temp, grill your bratwursts for 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown and warmed through.
- In the meantime, place a medium saucepot over medium heat. Add the oil and the onions along with a good pinch of salt. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until softened then add the sauerkraut, paprika and caraway seeds along with beer. Simmer until the kraut is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- When the bratwursts are ready, cut them lengthwise and place them on the pretzel rolls that have been spread with mustard. Top with some of the sauerkraut and enjoy.