Spiced Pork Dip
Looking to mix up your dip routine? Try this hearty pork dip on a sandwich for a hint of heat.
- step-by-step directions
Spiced Pork Dip
- For the Dip:
- 1 rack of Pork (4 bones)
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (roasted and ground)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds (roasted and ground)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flake
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
For the Jus:
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1/4 cup Ballpark Mustard
For the Garnish:
- Hot Pickled Peppers
- Ballpark Mustard
- 2 Semolina Italian Loaves
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- For the Dip: Season the pork generously the night before with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Remove the pork 30 minutes prior to cooking. Slice the bones off the pork, reserving to use as the roasting rack.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the coriander, cumin, chili flakes, and sugar in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Drizzle the pork with olive oil and rub to coat evenly. Then season the pork evenly and generously with the spice mix.
- Place the pork bones in a roasting pan and the meat on top, fat cap side up. Drizzle with olive oil again, and cook for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- For the Jus: Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the pan to rest. Place the pan on the stove over a medium-high heat. Add the wine and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Once the wine has reduced by half, add the beef stock and stir in the mustard. Season the jus and remove to a serving bowl.
- For the Garnish: Slice the loaves in half lengthwise. Smear one side of each sandwich with mustard. Slice the pork into 1/4-inch thick slices. Top the pork with pickled peppers. Cut into sandwiches. Serve with the jus for dipping.
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal