A Cleveland style stew!
Michael Symon's Cleveland Kielbasa Stew
- 1 pound Kielbasa Sausage
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold Potatoes (halved)
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Seed
- 1 Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and sliced into coins)
- 1 12 ounce Stout Beer
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 bunch Mustard Greens (stems removed and thinly sliced)
- 2 cup Drained Sauerkraut
- 3 tablespoon Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- In a large saute pan add butter, onions and a pinch of salt. Cook on low until onions have caramelized, about 15 minutes. Transfer caramelized onions to slow cooker. Add potatoes, mustard greens and sauerkraut to slow cooker.
- In the same pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add chopped sausage to brown for 1-2 minutes. Add chopped carrot and mustard seeds. Deglaze the pan with beer. Transfer everything form pan into the slow cooker. Add chicken stock and parsley to cooker and season with salt. Set crock pot on low and cook about approximately 4 hours.