This is a perfect host or hostess gift (and also quite yummy)
- step-by-step directions
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 3/4 cup Dark Corn Syrup
- 4 cups Pecans (roughly chopped)
- 4 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to medium heat, and stir in the light and dark corn syrup. Stir in sugar and continue to stir until sugar has fully dissolved. Without stirring, bring to a boil and use a candy thermometer to determine when temperature has reached 265°F.
- Meanwhile, butter two large baking sheets.
- Once the temperature has reached 265°F, (between 35 and 45 minutes) add the butter, salt and pecans, and begin to stir, be mindful that mixture may foam, and continue stirring until the temperature has reached 295°F (between 10 and 15 minutes). Keep stirring and add the vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking sheets and spread into an even layer. Set aside and let cool, do not refridgerate. When fully hardened, using a mallet or wooden spoon to break up brittle into pieces and store room temperature.
rate this recipe
Mint Cantaloupe Slushie
Orange Beer Spritz
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Cake
Skirt Steak with Roasted Pepper Salsa
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Toasted Almond Bons