Just as good as the original only mini.
Clinton Kelly Chicken Pot Mini Pies
- 2 packages Pie Dough (store bought)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 1 sprig Thyme (leaves only)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 store bought Rotisserie Chicken (meat picked and bones discarded)
- 1 cup frozen Peas and Carrots (thawed)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Defrost the pie dough in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium high heat and add the butter. Saute the onions and garlic over medium heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute. Add the chicken stock and the heavy cream and simmer until slightly thick, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fold in the chicken and the peas and carrots and bring back up to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Refrigerate until totally chilled, about 2 hours.
- Lay out the pie shell on a counter dusted with flour. Use a 3 inch cookie cutter to cut circles. Discard the excess dough.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the pot pie mixture in the middle of the circle and brush the edges with egg. Fold into a half moon and crimp the edges with a fork. Repeat with the remaining circles.
- Add the pastries to the oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is warm throughout.