This fondue is fantastic with fruit but you can pair it with anything you like.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Dash of Orange Extract or Orange Liquor
- Pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Fondue Accompaniment Suggestions:
- Sliced Bananas
- Dried Fruit
- Pound Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Pretzel Rods
- Bacon Strips
- Rice Crispy Treats
- Chop dark chocolate and transfer pieces into a non-reactive bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium-high heat. When just boiling, immediately pour over the chocolate. Do not touch for 2 minutes, and then gently mix. Try to mix as little air into the chocolate mixture as possible. Gently stir in 2 drops of Orange Extract or liquor. Mix in a pinch of cayenne pepper, if desired. Serve immediately with fondue accompaniments. Keep warm with double boiler or a fondue pot.
- For the accompaniments: prepare desired fondue accompaniments, and set aside to serve.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber