This fondue is fantastic with fruit but you can pair it with anything you like.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Dash of Orange Extract or Orange Liquor
- Pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Fondue Accompaniment Suggestions:
- Sliced Bananas
- Dried Fruit
- Pound Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Pretzel Rods
- Bacon Strips
- Rice Crispy Treats
- Chop dark chocolate and transfer pieces into a non-reactive bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium-high heat. When just boiling, immediately pour over the chocolate. Do not touch for 2 minutes, and then gently mix. Try to mix as little air into the chocolate mixture as possible. Gently stir in 2 drops of Orange Extract or liquor. Mix in a pinch of cayenne pepper, if desired. Serve immediately with fondue accompaniments. Keep warm with double boiler or a fondue pot.
- For the accompaniments: prepare desired fondue accompaniments, and set aside to serve.
rate this recipe
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat