This fondue is fantastic with fruit but you can pair it with anything you like.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Dash of Orange Extract or Orange Liquor
- Pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Fondue Accompaniment Suggestions:
- Sliced Bananas
- Dried Fruit
- Pound Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Pretzel Rods
- Bacon Strips
- Rice Crispy Treats
- Chop dark chocolate and transfer pieces into a non-reactive bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium-high heat. When just boiling, immediately pour over the chocolate. Do not touch for 2 minutes, and then gently mix. Try to mix as little air into the chocolate mixture as possible. Gently stir in 2 drops of Orange Extract or liquor. Mix in a pinch of cayenne pepper, if desired. Serve immediately with fondue accompaniments. Keep warm with double boiler or a fondue pot.
- For the accompaniments: prepare desired fondue accompaniments, and set aside to serve.
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs