An entree that can work as an hors d'ouevre!
Clinton Kelly's Flank Steak Crostini with Horseradish Creme
- 1 lb. Flank Steak
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 1 Bunch Chives, chopped
- 1/4 Horseradish Creme
- 2 tablespoons Prepared Horseradish
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Dash Worcestershire
- Dash Hot Sauce
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Coarse salt
- Olive oil
- Preheat the grill or broiler for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper, then grill or broil it to rare or medium-rare, depending on your preference.
- Let the steak rest for an hour or so, to get the juices back into the meat.
- While the meat is cooling, you can make your crostini. Slice the French bread diagonally into ½ inch pieces. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Put the bread on a cookie sheet, and place under the broiler until golden brown.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the horseradish creme in a small bowl.
- Spread a little horseradish crème on each crostini, and top with a thin slice of sirloin and a few chopped chives.
Similar categories: Dinner