Your Favorite Pasta Dish Fried!
Clinton Kelly's Mac N Cheese Bites
- 1 pound Macaroni
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- 2 Cup Milk
- 1 pound White Cheddar
- 2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 6 Eggs beaten
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions in salted water.
- In a large sauce pan, sauté the onions and garlic in the butter over medium heat until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the paprika and the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the 2 tablespoons flour and the milk and stir until starts to thicken slightly, about 4 minutes. Fold in the cheese and add the macaroni. Place in a baking dish and into the fridge to cool and firm up.
- Place the remaining flour in a high sided dish, in another dish, add the eggs, and in a third dish place the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a pot of vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the cooled mac n cheese with a spoon or ice cream scoop into the flour, then egg, then breadcrumb mixture and into the oil.
- Do not crowd the pot. Cook in batches. When golden brown and warm through, remove the mac n cheese bites from the oil to a paper towel line plate. Season with additional salt and taste.