Hot Chocolate...with a twist
Clinton Kelly's Spiked Spicy Hot Chocolate
- For Hot Chocolate:
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp cayenne powder
- cinnamon stick
- For cocktail:
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1 oz cinnamon schnapps
- 1 cup hot chocolate (above ingredients)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- For Hot Chocolate: Heat the milk in a large saucepan over medium high heat until simmering.
- Add cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and cayenne powder, and whisk until cocoa and milk are combined. Serve warm with a cinnamon stick for a garnish.
- For Cocktail: Combine ingredients (including hot chocolate made in above steps) in a glass. Garnish with cinnamon stick and serve.