Coconut Pie with Coconut Crumble
Clinton Kelly's Coconut Cream Pie
- For the Coconut Crumble:
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Coconut
For the Filling:
- 1 Prepared Pie Crust
- 1 13- ounce can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (to serve)
- For the Coconut Crumble: Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl combine the crumble ingredients and work into a dough like consistency. Transfer to a baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake until golden but not burnt, about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the Filling: Place pie crust into a pie dish and line with parchment and baking beans or weights. Cook for 10 minutes then carefully from parchment and weights and continue to bake for 5 more minutes or until bottom of crust is cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Whisk together the ingredients in a medium sauce pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat while whisking gently. Continue to whisk and cook until thickened, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and press through a sieve if you see any lumps. Transfer mixture to a bowl and press plastic wrap directly onto the surface until ready to use.
- To Assemble: Pour filling into the prepared crust and chill in the fridge for 6 hours. Top with the whipped cream and Coconut Crumble to serve.
Similar categories: Desserts