These coconut shrimp will help turn your appetite into a tropical resort. A great way to start your meal!
- step-by-step directions
- 20 Large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cups Desiccated coconut (unsweetened flaked)
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Garlic powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Blend garlic powder with flour. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with coconut milk.
- Set up dredging station in three shallow dishes: the first with the flour mixture, the next with the egg mixture, and the third with the desiccated coconut.
- In a large Dutch oven heat oil to 350F degrees.
- Dredge shrimp in flour mixture and shake off excess flour. Next, dip shrimp in egg mixture and then coconut and transfer to oil.
- Fry shrimp until they are golden brown and serve immediately. Be careful that the coconut does not burn.
- Serve with Mango-Orange Sauce
rate this recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Greek Pasta Salad
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese