These coconut shrimp will help turn your appetite into a tropical resort. A great way to start your meal!
- step-by-step directions
- 20 Large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cups Desiccated coconut (unsweetened flaked)
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 tablespoons Garlic powder
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Blend garlic powder with flour. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with coconut milk.
- Set up dredging station in three shallow dishes: the first with the flour mixture, the next with the egg mixture, and the third with the desiccated coconut.
- In a large Dutch oven heat oil to 350F degrees.
- Dredge shrimp in flour mixture and shake off excess flour. Next, dip shrimp in egg mixture and then coconut and transfer to oil.
- Fry shrimp until they are golden brown and serve immediately. Be careful that the coconut does not burn.
- Serve with Mango-Orange Sauce
Pap's Turkey and Dumpling Soup
Ombre Potato and Root Vegetable Gratin
Quick and Easy Pumpkin Pie
Simple Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
Turkey Pot Pie
Crispy and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Deconstructed Vegan Pecan Pie
Fall Roasted Vegetable Medley
Maple Bourbon-Glazed Roasted Turkey
Crispy Potatoes with Pumpkin Hummus