Corn Fritters with Cilantro-Lime Dipping Sauce
Michael Symon's Corn Fritters
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Fine Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 2 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Corn Kernels
- 1 large Jalapeno (seeded and minced)
- 1/4 cup sliced Scallions (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup Butter (melted)
- zest of 2 Limes
For the Lime and Cilantro Dipping Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups Yogurt
- juice of 2 Limes
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- In a large dutch oven, heat your oil to 350 degrees.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the egg/milk mixture to the dry mixture and whisk until thoroughly incorporated. Fold in the corn, jalapeno, scallions and lime zest. When those are incorporated, fold in the melted butter. Drop by scoop or rounded tablespoons in to your hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a paper towel and season. Serve with lime and cilantro dipping sauce.
- For the Lime and Cilantro Dipping Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients until combined.