A hearty vegetable salad chock-full of corn, cherry tomatoes, and bacon.
- step-by-step directions
- 1/2 pound bacon (small dice)
- 4 ears fresh corn (cut off cob)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, picked
- zest of 1 lime
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a large sauté pan or Dutch oven over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the bacon and cook until crisp (5-8 minutes).
- Add the corn with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally until the corn softens and starts to get some color (about 5 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the tomatoes, seasoning the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fold in the lime zest and add torn cilantro leaves.
- There are many variations of succotash. This is not a classic succotash because it doesn’t have lima beans.
- You can freeze the cornless cobs and use them later to flavor stocks and soups.
- You only want to warm the tomatoes and herbs so once you add them to the pan, remove them from the heat shortly after.
rate this recipe
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler