This sandwich is great all year but it's particularly tasty in the summer when the tomatoes are in season. Try it for lunch, dinner or your next trip to the beach.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 Baguette
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 pounds Heirloom Tomatoes
- Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Red Wine Vinegar (to drizzle)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Coarse Salt (to taste)
- Slice the baguette lengthwise.
- Slice the heirloom tomatoes and the mozzarella into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Drizzle the baguette with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella on the bread, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with basil leaves and sandwich the slices of bread together. Cut the baguette into 4 sandwiches and serve immediately.
Braised Lamb with Spring Vegetables
Peas and Carrots with Polenta
Asparagus & Cheese Tart
Spinach & Artichoke Puffs
Roast Chicken with Lemon-Sage Pan Sauce
Lemon-Sage Compound Butter
Grilled Veggie Burrito with Quinoa
Kale Pesto Naan Pizza
Almond Banana Bread
Carrot Ginger Soup
Shrimp and Plantains in Spicy Tomato Sauce