This sandwich is great all year but it's particularly tasty in the summer when the tomatoes are in season. Try it for lunch, dinner or your next trip to the beach.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 Baguette
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 pounds Heirloom Tomatoes
- Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Red Wine Vinegar (to drizzle)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Coarse Salt (to taste)
- Slice the baguette lengthwise.
- Slice the heirloom tomatoes and the mozzarella into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Drizzle the baguette with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella on the bread, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with basil leaves and sandwich the slices of bread together. Cut the baguette into 4 sandwiches and serve immediately.
Red Snapper al Chili Ajo Borracho
Sausage and Peppers over Soft Polenta
Lemon Champagne Float
Crispy Everything Bagel Baked Ravioli
Pork Chop Milanese with Peach and Potato Salad
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Cornmeal Apple Crumble Skillet
Camp Stew (Budae Jiggae)
Pork and Beef Meatballs