This sandwich is great all year but it's particularly tasty in the summer when the tomatoes are in season. Try it for lunch, dinner or your next trip to the beach.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 Baguette
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 pounds Heirloom Tomatoes
- Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Red Wine Vinegar (to drizzle)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Coarse Salt (to taste)
- Slice the baguette lengthwise.
- Slice the heirloom tomatoes and the mozzarella into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Drizzle the baguette with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella on the bread, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with basil leaves and sandwich the slices of bread together. Cut the baguette into 4 sandwiches and serve immediately.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal