This sandwich is great all year but it's particularly tasty in the summer when the tomatoes are in season. Try it for lunch, dinner or your next trip to the beach.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 Baguette
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella
- 1 bunch Basil
- 2 pounds Heirloom Tomatoes
- Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Red Wine Vinegar (to drizzle)
- Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Coarse Salt (to taste)
- Slice the baguette lengthwise.
- Slice the heirloom tomatoes and the mozzarella into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
- Drizzle the baguette with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella on the bread, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with basil leaves and sandwich the slices of bread together. Cut the baguette into 4 sandwiches and serve immediately.
rate this recipe
Fried Chicken Sandwich
Strawberry Pie with Brown Butter Crust
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken