Succulent Crab Cakes
2 Chainz's Crab Cakes with Mango Salsa
- Crab Cakes:
- 1 pound Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- less than 1 tablespoon Green Scallion (sliced thin)
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 Mangos (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 small Purple Onion (diced)
- Cilantro (chopped to taste)
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 Lime
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Mango Salsa:
- Position yourself in a room surrounded by a handful of TVs playing Sportscenter with the sound off. Play "Used To" as you prepare your initial ingredients and preheat oven to 375F. Mix salsa ingredients together and place in fridge to chill.
- Crab Cakes:
- Place crab meat into bowl, and crack 2 eggs into same bowl. Season mixture with old bay, worcestershire sauce, green scallion, mayonnaise, mustard, bread crumbs, juice of 1/2 lemon and olive oil. Knead mixture in bowl, then taste mixture with your 24-karat gold spoon.
- Melt butter into baking pan of your choice. Form 4 to 6 crab cakes and place into baking pan, and put in oven. After 10 minutes ("Used To" should still be playing, on repeat), open oven, tilt pan to accumulate melted butter, and baste crab cakes with butter. Close oven, cook 10 more minutes, baste and repeat until top of cakes are golden brown. Approximate cooking time is 25 minutes, just enough time to listen to "Used To" a dozen times.
- Spread salsa evenly and serve cakes on top. Top cake with "Me Time" sauce.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks