Carla Hall's Cranberry and Sweet Potato Shortcake
- 1 package Frozen Biscuits
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 can Candied Sweet Potatoes (liquid reserved)
- 6 ounces Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 can Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup Toasted Pecans (chopped)
- Cook biscuits according to package instructions.
- Heat a non-stick skillet with butter. Sear sweet potatoes until slightly crispy on each side. Season with salt. Remove sweet potatoes from pan. In the same pan combine spices, reserved liquid, pineapple juice, and brown sugar. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Melt the cranberry sauce in a small pot. Add 1/2 cup cream and bring to a boil. Reduce. Strain into a bowl and chill.
- Whip remaining cream to medium peaks and incorporate the chill cranberry mixture.
- Spoon sauce on top of biscuit bottoms, and top with sweet potatoes and cream. Stack biscuit top (cut side up) on top and repeat the sauce, sweet potato, and cream. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.