Festive Cookie Shapes
Kelly Meyers' Holiday Cream Cheese Press Cookies
- 1 cup Salted Butter (softened)
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Green; Red; White Nonpareils
- Colored Sugars
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder; stir together until combined, set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture to butter mixture (1/2 at a time, with mixer turned off) on low, just until blended.
- If you are going to color the dough, separate into bowls – 1 for each color. Add food coloring to dough and blended until desired color has been reached.
- Fill the cookie press with dough and extrude cookies directly onto an ungreased cookie sheet about an inch apart. Add sprinkles and colored sugars at this point, if desired. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until slightly golden. Cool on rack to allow them to get crispy. When cooled completely, store in tin or air-tight container.
Similar categories: Desserts