A light, airy breakfast pastry fit for a festive brunch.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- melted semi-sweet chocolate to drizzle
- powdered sugar to garnish
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 3 .4 ounce package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the butter and water to a 2 quart sauce pot and bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flour with a wooden spoon. Stir until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Turn dough out into a large bowl and add the eggs and beat until incorporate. Continue to beat until the dough is sticky and glossy.
- Scoop rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet making sure to give a little space between each round. Use your finger to elongate some of the rounds to create an oblong puff.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the puffs are glossy and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Slice puffs in half crosswise and fill with a dollop of cream.
- Garnish the round puffs with powdered sugar and the elongated puffs with a drizzle of melted chocolate.
- For Cream Filling: Whisk together the cream, milk and vanilla pudding mix until fully combined and no lumps remain.
Sweet Potato Croquettes
Bubble and Squeak with Poached Eggs and Mixed Greens Salad
Bacon Lattice Wrapped Turkey
Greek-Style Spatchcock Turkey
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Caramel Sauce
Puff Pastry Almond Snowflakes
Pear Pie Spring Rolls
Puff Pastry Almond Twists
Apple Cider Sangria
Spatchcock Turkey with Stuffing
Sheet Pan Butternut Squash Soup
Spinach and Feta Puffs