Michael Symon's Creamed Spinach
- 2 1/2 pounds Flat-Leaf Spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Shallot (minced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- Coarse Salt and ground Pepper
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan (grated)
- Nutmeg (freshly grated; to taste)
- Coarsely chop spinach. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add shallot and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream; cook then stir in spinach. Simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste, then add parmesan and nutmeg to taste.