This creamy orzo with garlic and Parmigiano is a delightful accompaniment to meat or fish.
Creamy Orzo with Parmigiano and Pimenton
- 1 large Shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 pound Orzo
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (grated)
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium sized sauce pot over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the shallot and a pinch of salt and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly softened. Stir the paprika and turmeric. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the orzo and toast, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until the pasta just begins to turn light golden brown.
- Add the chicken stock just to cover and bring up to a simmer. Cook until almost all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmigiano. Adjust seasoning.