Peanut Butter Delights
Michael Symon's Creamy Peanut Butter Cookies
- For the Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- pinch Salt
- 1/2 pound Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (preferably Skippy)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped Peanuts (lightly salted)
- 1 1/4 cups Quick-Cooking Oats
For the Cookie Filling:
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (preferably Skippy)
- 3/4 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- For the Cookie Dough: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt. Beat together the butter and peanut butter. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Gradually add in the flour mixture and continue to beat until well incorporated. Stir in the peanuts and oats until evenly distributed. Refrigerate the dough until thoroughly chilled, up to overnight.
- Using an ice cream scoop with a 1 inch diameter, place scoops of dough on a silicon-lined baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- For the Cookie Filling: Cream together the butter, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until very smooth.
- To assemble the cookies, pipe a ring on the outer edge of the cookie then place another cookie on top.