French toast is a breakfast (and brunch) staple. This tasty dish from The Chew viewer Katie Schleicher is perfect for Mother's Day, Father's Day or any Sunday.
Creme Brulee French Toast
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- Loaf of Italian bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 Cups half and half
- 1 Teaspoon Brandy
- 1 Teaspoon Triple Sec
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in saucepan. Mix in brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir until sugar is melted. Pour into 9 x13 baking pan.
- Slice bread into equal slices and remove the crust. Place in baking pan into single layer.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, triple sec, brandy and salt. Pour over sliced bread. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, remove the dish and bring to room temperature and preheat oven to 350.
- Bake uncovered 35 - 45 minutes in preheated oven until puffed and browned.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh whipped cream.