Mario Batali and visiting guest, Office star Angela Kinsey, whipped up this french inspired dessert. Bon Appetit!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 4 Eggs 2 Cup Whole Milk 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (plus extra for pan) Salt and Pepper Filling: 3 Cups Mascarpone (room temperature) 4 Eggs 2 Cup Whole Milk 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (plus extra for pan) Salt and PepperFilling: 3 Cups Mascarpone (room temperature) Cup All-Purpose Flour 4 Eggs 2 Cup Whole Milk 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (plus extra for pan) Salt and PepperFilling: 3 Cups Mascarpone (room temperature)
- 3 Cups Heavy Cream (whipped to stiff peaks)
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup super fine sugar
rate this recipe
- For the crepe batter: Place the flour in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking to combine. Add the milk bit by bit and whisk to combine until all the milk is incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the batter to stand for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Heat a 6-inch nonstick pan over high heat until hot and add a dab of butter. Turn the heat down to medium and pour 1 ½ tablespoons of batter into the pan. Cook until pale golden on the bottom, about 1 minute. Flip and cook just 5 or 10 seconds on the second side. Remove and set aside. Continue the process until all the batter has been used.
- In a large bowl, fold together mascarpone and whipped cream. Divide into two medium bowls, and fold the cinnamon and sugar into one batch and the maple syrup into the other.
- To build the cake, alternate layers of cinnamon mascarpone cream and maple syrup mascarpone cream in between layers of crepes, up to 20 layers.
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler
Cedar Plank Halibut with Corn Salad
Wedge Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Crunchy Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Dipping Sauce
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip Triangles
Sunday Lamb Roast with Paloise Sauce