Transform leftover breakfast crepes into tonight's lasagna dinner.
- step-by-step directions
- 20-25 leftover Crepes
- For the Meat Sauce:
- Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ground Sirloin
- 2 cups Onion (small dice)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 3 cups San Marzano Tomatoes (crushed; about 1 26-ounce can)
- For the Bechamel:
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cups 2% Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- freshly ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan
- For the Meat Sauce: Place a large sauté pan or dutch oven over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, lightly coat the bottom of the pan of olive oil and the onions and garlic with a large pinch of salt. Cook for 3 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften. Add the beef to this mixture, breaking it up as it cooks. Season with some more salt and freshly ground black pepper. When the meat has browned, add the cinnamon, oregano, and thyme. Next add the tomatoes, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes. Check for seasoning at this point, adding more if necessary. Set aside.
- For the Bechamel: Place a sauce pot over medium heat and add the butter. When the butter has melted, whisk in the flour. Next whisk in the milk and cream along with the cayenne, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens and begins to boil slightly. Turn the heat off and whisk in the parmesan, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 9x9 inch pan start to assemble the lasagna. Using a third of the meat sauce, spread an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Put 4 to 5 crepes on top of this. Spread a layer of bechamel over the crepes. Add another third of the meat sauce, then 4 to 5 more crepes, topping with bechamel. Add another layer of crepes and then the rest of the meat sauce. Add 4 to 5 more crepes then pour the béchamel over the top in an even layer. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until everything is warmed though and the top is golden brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let set for 5 minutes, and then serve.
Molasses Glazed Ham with Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
Chocolate Peppermint Marshmallows
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella