Add an extra touch of sweetness to these seasonal treats with a lemon-cardamom glaze.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/4 cup Real Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil (measured while solid; then melted)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Natural Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Ginger
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, molasses and ginger until incorporated. Gradually add in the dry mixture until the dough comes together. Form into 1-inch balls and arrange on a cookie sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very dark, rotating halfway through cook-time. Cool on a wire rack, and use a pastry brush to lightly glaze.
- For the Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar, cardamom and lemon juice. Mix until liquid, adding a small amount more water if necessary.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Christmas Christmas Cookies
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar
T-Bone Steak with Green Bean Salad
Lamb Ribs with Shaved Asparagus, Mint and Feta Salad
Grilled Japanese Eggplant with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Vegetable Lo Mein
Shrimp Summer Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce