Add an extra touch of sweetness to these seasonal treats with a lemon-cardamom glaze.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/4 cup Real Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil (measured while solid; then melted)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Natural Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Ginger
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, molasses and ginger until incorporated. Gradually add in the dry mixture until the dough comes together. Form into 1-inch balls and arrange on a cookie sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very dark, rotating halfway through cook-time. Cool on a wire rack, and use a pastry brush to lightly glaze.
- For the Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar, cardamom and lemon juice. Mix until liquid, adding a small amount more water if necessary.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Christmas Christmas Cookies
Red Snapper al Chili Ajo Borracho
Sausage and Peppers over Soft Polenta
Lemon Champagne Float
Crispy Everything Bagel Baked Ravioli
Pork Chop Milanese with Peach and Potato Salad
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Cornmeal Apple Crumble Skillet
Camp Stew (Budae Jiggae)
Pork and Beef Meatballs