Add an extra touch of sweetness to these seasonal treats with a lemon-cardamom glaze.
- step-by-step directions
- 2 1/2 cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/4 cup Real Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil (measured while solid; then melted)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Natural Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Ginger
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, molasses and ginger until incorporated. Gradually add in the dry mixture until the dough comes together. Form into 1-inch balls and arrange on a cookie sheet, evenly spaced.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very dark, rotating halfway through cook-time. Cool on a wire rack, and use a pastry brush to lightly glaze.
- For the Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners sugar, cardamom and lemon juice. Mix until liquid, adding a small amount more water if necessary.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Desserts Cookies Holidays & Occasions Christmas Christmas Cookies
rate this recipe
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs