Creamy Potato Salad
Ana Quincoces' Cuban Potato Salad
- 3 pounds Red Potatoes (peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (preferably Hellman's)
- 1/2 cup Whipped Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup Onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup Pimentos (diced)
- 1/2 cup Canned Peas (drained)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- White Pepper
- At least 2 hours in advance, place the potatoes with water to cover in a pan over medium-high heat. Bring the water to a boil and let the potatoes boil for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes, transfer them to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and whipped salad dressing in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on low speed or a fork, mix until the ingredients are fully combined and no lumps are visible. Add the onion, pimentos, peas, mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add the chilled potatoes and toss well, preferably with clean hands to avoid breaking up the potatoes. Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings, if necessary. Serve chilled.