A Taste of the South!
Back Bay Seafood Restaurant Gulf Shrimp and Grits
- 1 small box grits (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/4 pound portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 pound Andouille sausage
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan freshly grated
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato chopped
- chopped green onion chopped for garnish
- Make grit recipe according to box. Pour hot grits into a greased 9" x 12" cake pan. Let cool in fridge until firm and easy to cut. Cut into 12 3"x3" squares. Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the cold grit cakes on both sides until cake is heated through.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat, and add the garlic. When garlic is slightly browned and fragrant, add the shrimp, mushrooms, and sausage. When cooked, deglaze the pan with wine and add the cream and italian seasoning. Let reduce, and then add the grated parmesan.
- To serve, ladle the shrimp mixture over a grit cake in a bowl. Garnish with fresh chopped tomato and green onion.