Fall is here and apple season is in full swing. Pick up some at your local farmer's market and give this recipe a try.
Apple Pie Yogurt With Crumble
- 1 apple (gala or pink lady or honeycrisp)
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon freshly grated
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Chopped walnuts
- Peeled, cored and thinly slice the apple.
- Place the apple in a small pot over medium-high heat and cover with 1/4-1/2 cup cider (enough to coat the apples and bottom of the pot). Add freshly grated nutmeg and freshly grated ginger. Simmer until apples are soft and cider is reduced to a thick syrup.
- Place yogurt in a bowl and cover with apples and syrup. Add chopped walnuts and freshly grated cinnamon on top and serve.