Daphne Oz's Gladiator Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup cooked Steel Cut Oats
- 1/4 cup chopped Shallots
- 1 sprig Rosemary (chopped)
- 3 Dates (chopped)
- 3 slices Tofu Canadian Bacon or regular bacon (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cayenne Pepper or Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Cook the steel cut oats as directed on the container.
- Sauté the shallots, rosemary, dates, and tofu Canadian bacon in the olive oil until shallots are translucent and Canadian bacon is heated.
- Mix into steal cut oats (or serve over brown rice, millet, etc.), add salt and pepper—cayenne or red pepper flakes are great for a little extra kick.