What's Daphne's guilty pleasure? Her mom's lobster pasta with Chardonnay butter! Try it!
Lobster Pasta with Chardonnay Butter
- 6 tablespoons Chardonnay
- 3 tablespoons Champagne or Chardonnay Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Finely Chopped Shallots
- 1 teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Lb Lobster Meat (cut into 4 equal portions and seasoned with fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Vanilla Bean (Split in Half)
- 1 Lb Butter (cut into small pieces and kept cold)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Lb Fresh Fettuccine
- 2 Ripe Mangoes (peeled and cut into thin sections)
- 1 Ripe Avocado (peeled and cut into thin sections)
- Begin by making the sauce. Put the Chardonnay, the vinegar, shallots, cracked pepper, and bay leaf in a heavy nonreactive saucepan and reduce on medium heat until only a few tablespoons remain.
- Add the cream and vanilla bean and reduce until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Now, whisking constantly, beat the butter into the cream piece by piece with the pan still on medium heat. When all of the butter is incorporated, season to taste, then strain the sauce into a clean bowl and keep warm while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Cook pasta.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan large enough to accommodate the lobster without crowding, heat the olive oil and butter on medium heat. When the butter is just melted, lay the seasoned lobster in the pan and sauté on all sides.
- Carefully spoon off any extra butter or oil and put the lobster in the oven for a few minutes. When it is cooked through, remove the lobster to a cutting board. (Alternative: Skip oven and just sauté boiled lobster with pasta.)
- Toss pasta and lobster in the sauce and then arrange on individual plates. Mix in avocado and mango. Serve.