Daphne took her favorite sour candies and made them into a lollipop. So, forget the usual suckers and try these instead.
- step-by-step directions
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 tablespoon Juice Concentrate
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 12 fruit jellies (optional)
- Lemon rind (optional)
- Arrange lollipop sticks about 3 inches apart on a parchment or silicon line baking sheet. Note: If you want a bit of lemon flavor, put a small piece of the lemon rind on the tip of the lollipop stick.
- Combine sugar, water and cream of tartar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil making sure to gently stir mixture till sugar is dissolved. Boil over medium-high heat until candy thermometer reads 280-290 degrees. Remove pan from heat, add juice concentrate and gently swirl pan to incorporate juice. Let stand for 3-4 mins then gently pour 2 teaspoons of mixture over each stick. If using fruit jellies, skewer fruit with lollipop sticks and dip sticks into the partially cooled sugar mixture. Place onto parchment or silicon lined baking sheet. Allow lollipops to cool completely. Store in a cool dry place until ready to enjoy.
rate this recipe
Spring Quiche with Ham and Asparagus
Palak Paneer (Creamy Spiced Spinach with Cheese)
Pan-Seared Salmon with White Wine Butter Sauce, Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
Broccoli Cheddar Oatmeal Bake
Roasted Chicken and Pimento Mac and Cheese
Fried Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Stout Ice cream
Foolproof Lemon Bars
Basic Roast Chicken
Herby Store Bought Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce
Classic Tomato Sauce