Daphne took her favorite sour candies and made them into a lollipop. So, forget the usual suckers and try these instead.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 tablespoon Juice Concentrate
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 12 fruit jellies (optional)
- Lemon rind (optional)
- Arrange lollipop sticks about 3 inches apart on a parchment or silicon line baking sheet. Note: If you want a bit of lemon flavor, put a small piece of the lemon rind on the tip of the lollipop stick.
- Combine sugar, water and cream of tartar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil making sure to gently stir mixture till sugar is dissolved. Boil over medium-high heat until candy thermometer reads 280-290 degrees. Remove pan from heat, add juice concentrate and gently swirl pan to incorporate juice. Let stand for 3-4 mins then gently pour 2 teaspoons of mixture over each stick. If using fruit jellies, skewer fruit with lollipop sticks and dip sticks into the partially cooled sugar mixture. Place onto parchment or silicon lined baking sheet. Allow lollipops to cool completely. Store in a cool dry place until ready to enjoy.