Daphne's always got healthy options up her sleeve, and these Moo Shu vegetables are no exception. They're perfect for any time of year!
Moo Shu Vegetables
- 3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 Lb Green Beans (trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 2 Cups Napa Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Cup Shiitake Mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 6 Scallions (sliced thin)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (sliced thin)
- 1 Cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Shredded Carrots
- For the Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 2 Tbsp Ginger (grated)
- To Serve:
- 1/4 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 12 Chinese Pancakes
- Thai Red Chili Sauce
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Quickly scramble the egg, then remove to a plate and reserve.
- Clean the skillet or wok, and heat the toasted sesame oil and coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, red bell pepper, cabbage, shredded carrots, mushrooms, scallions, bean sprouts and garlic. Season with salt and toss, stir-frying for 2 minutes. Cover.
- Mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, and ginger. Uncover the vegetables, and add the sauce, tossing to mix well. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add the reserved egg, tossing everything together, and remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- To serve, spread hoisin sauce down the middle of the pancake, and top with a generous amount of vegetable. Garnish with thai red chili sauce if desired.