Start the new year off right with Daphne's mushroom sliders and sweet potato oven fries!
Mushroom Sliders with Sweet Potato Oven Fries
For the Mushroom Sliders:
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
3 pound Mixed Mushrooms diced (Shiitake/Portobello/Button)
1 onion (minced)
3 Sprigs Thyme (Leaves Only)
1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
1/2 cup Whole Grain Breadcrumbs
- For the Burgers: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the mushrooms and onions and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Cook in batches if necessary. Season with salt and pepper and add the thyme, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Place the mushroom mixture into a large bowl and cool to room temperature. Add the rice, breadcrumbs, and the eggs and stir to combine. Form into slider sized patties.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Add the sliders to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side. Flip the burgers and top with the cheese, cook until the cheese is melted, 2 more minutes. Place each burger in a bun and serve with your favorite toppings.
- For the Fries: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a large baking sheet in the oven to heat.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil. In a separate bowl combine the spices and the salt. Toss the potatoes with the spices.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the potatoes. Place into the oven and cook for 25 minutes, tossing the fries halfway through baking.