An authentic Turkish delight -- straight from the Oz family kitchen!
- step-by-step directions
- 3 sheets Phyllo Dough
- 1/4 bunch Parsley chopped
- 1/4 bunch Dill chopped
- 1/4 pound Carrots shredded
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 pound Feta Cheese
- Canola Oil
- Thaw Phyllo dough. Roll out and cut into triangles. Set aside and scraps you have but don't throw away.
- Preheat an inch of vegetable oil in a heavy skillet to 350F. Daphne tip: make sure the oil isn't too hot or it will burn the phyllo.
- In a medium bowl, add the parsley, dill, carrots, crumbled feta, and egg yolk (reserve the egg white). Finely chop the extra Phyllo dough and add into the mixture. Stir to combine. Fill each triangle with 1-2 tablespoons of feta mixture, and roll up the dough like a cigar. Daphne tip: don't overstuff otherwise the filling will come out when cooked. Glaze the outside with egg white, and secure each end of the sigura borek by dipping into egg white and folding over.
- Fry the sigura borek in the oil until golden brown and crunchy at the ends, about three minutes.
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper
Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Buttermilk Roasted Chicken with Baby Arugula Salad
Strawberry Raspberry "Napoleons"
Lightened Up Turkey Patty Melt
Patty Melt with Sauerkraut
The World's Best Baked Ziti
Grilled Mortadella and Goat Cheese Packets